Sra. Shirley’s grammar powerpoints for Spanish III are available online as well!
Sra. Shirley must be an angel since she made all of these powerpoints for our grammar topics in the text, Realidades 2!
Work through our grammar topics in Realidades 1 with these clever powerpoints by Sra. Shirley.
And what do ya know!?, Sra. Shirley has made powerpoints for vocab in Spanish III, using our Realidades 3 text. Check it out!
Sra. Shirley has excellent vocab powerpoints for our Spanish II textbook, Realidades 2 here.
Sra. Shirley has provided a WONDERFUL set of vocabulary powerpoints with our Spanish I Textbook, Realidades 1. Check out her site!
Need to brush up on your mad skillz? Well, check out this menu at the Conjuguemos site (which I normally look to for simple conjugation work). I was shocked to find all of these resources!
Choosing between preterit and imperfect can be a difficult skill to acquire so we’ll practice a lot. Still, as an introduction if you missed ours, check out Mr. Jones’ slides.
Repasito: do this ser vs. estar activity to remind you of how to choose between them.
A. La Casa. Our home writing test is still set for May 6th.
1. In this entry are my examples. Check them out!
2. Jot through this house powerpoint and write down seven rooms that would go with the rooms she shows in Spanish. When you get to the dormitorio, write down five things for which she shows pictures.
B. Stem Change Verbs
1. Check out your book’s animated verb recap here.
2. Practice with your book here. How did you do?
2. Practice with BK Nelson’s activity here . How did you do?
Repasito: 1. do handout with incendios y cucarachas. 2. turn in your RAFT assignment (with all drafts, rubric and peer review).
A. Scan this FEMA site in Spanish and then pay special attention to the section called “Emergencias y Desastres Recientes” to answer the following questions.
1. ¿Dónde hubo un terremoto?
2. ¿Dónde hubo una tormenta de nieve?
3. ¿Dónde hubo una inundación?
B. Present Perfect Tense
1. Write down your forms of haber plus some info on past participles (include normal verbs plus a few irregulars at least).
2. Write down how you did on the game.
C. Irregular Preterit Practice
Practice with your textbook here. How did you do?
Pick six verbs from BK Nelson’s menu/activity (that we have learned) and conjugate them. Using the self-correction, how did you do? Practice over and over until you no longer make mistakes.
D. Dictionary skills
Do the handout called Diccionario (on the back of your warm up).
One online Spanish dictionary that I find useful is www.spanishdict.com Students often feel unsure about using the online resource because they will perhaps type in too many words to where it would be cheating. When in doubt, stick to your paper/book style dictionary.
For more information on dictionary skills, see this former entry.
E. Skits (if time)